And I have no idea why.
My Chimi gets all kinds of treats that I buy, and in fact she has her own little table, with a selection of treats, and is given a couple a day. I try to change them out, so she doesn't get bored with the same all the time.
Well, I get bored eating the same thing, so, why shouldn't she get some variety?
I decided that it was time I tried my hand at baking her some treats.
This is my first try.
I nailed it.
These are Chimi approved.
I got my inspiration from this recipe I saw on the King Arthur website and here is the Link to their recipe.
Of course I changed it up, but just a little, I added a couple tablespoons of bacon fat, cause I had it and didn't want to throw it out, or eat it myself.
Mix together the dry ingredients,
Roll out the dough to about 1/4 inch thick and cut out with a cookie cutter. I had a doggy bone shaped one, so I used it.
I got just over 50 biscuits, and Chimi did approve the taste.
Peanutty Bites Dog Biscuits
- 2 cups AP flour or Bread Flour
- 1 cup Rolled Oats (not quick cook)
- 1 tablespoon Dried Parsley
- 1/2 cup Non fat Dry Milk Powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Peanut Butter- smooth or crunchy (organic goes well here)
- 2 tablespoons bacon fat or 2 tablespoons EVOO
- 1/2 cup water + if needed to make a crumbly dough
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Lightly grease a couple of baking sheets or line with parchment paper. Mix together the dry ingredients,then add the eggs and peanut butter. This will be crumbly. Then add the water, just enough to make a dough. Roll out the dough to about 1/4 inch thick and cut out with a cookie cutter. I had a doggy bone shaped one, so I used it.Cut out the shapes, gathering and rerolling the scraps until you've used up all the dough. Bake for about 40 minutes, checking after 30 minutes. They should be a dark golden brown and crisp all the way through. Remove from oven and let cool right on the pans.