Which meant that I didn't make it into town to pick up a red onion or the scallions I wanted for the recipe I had planned on making. So I looked around my kitchen and this is what I came up with.
I added the frozen herb mixture, which is simply Parsley, Chives, Tarragon and Chervil to the yoghurt and mayo. Whisked it together and tasted it. I decided some garlic would go well with it, so I took a few very small cloves, and minced them up. Added it to the dip and decided it was pretty darn good.
OK, so it was a little garlicky, but that's a good thing. Keeps the vampires away.
I also had some peppers, broccoli, carrots and celery in the fridge, so I just made a plate of them and that was it.
I have to say I
I didn't even feel guilty.
After all I did leave some of the dip and most of the veggies...
- 6 oz. Plain Greek Yoghurt
- 4 oz. Mayonnaise (I prefer Duke's brand)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped herbs (a mixture of Parsley, Tarragon, Chives and Chervil)
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced or use the microplane to grate them.
- Mix it all together and place in fridge for a couple of hours so the flavours can get acquainted and mellow out a smidgen.
- Serve with a platter of fresh veggies. This also goes well on a baked potato