All I can say is YUM!!!
And I need more Cranberries ASAP so I can make more, and some more Vodka and some more oranges...
To start with, make some Gingered Cranberry Compote, first.
Remember that lovely liquid you strained out? Well, it does jell up, but before it does, here's what you need to do.
Or you can do the next day, it's all the same.
I've done it both ways now.
Hey, I had to sample, multiple times...
To start with.
Take one cup of the syrup, mix it with one cup of a neutral vodka. Stir to combine. (and if you don't use it all at once, just stick it in the fridge for tomorrow. Cause 5 o'clock does come again)
Then measure out one jigger (ounce) of that wonderful liquid, pour it into a glass,
Strain into a martini glass or other kind of glass. Or you can just garnish it first. It's all good.
You don't need to drink this all at once either. The simple syrup/vodka combo keeps quite well in the fridge.
You can try to keep some for yourself. You can even skip the garnish. (I had to sample)
This is a perfect seasonal drink to enjoy with some friends over brunch or for lunch or just have a party all by yourself.
I wouldn't know about that though. Excuse me, but my drink is getting a little lonely.
And I used the juice from my Cape Cod Select Premium Cranberries for this. This is my entry into the drinks portion of their contest.
Cranberry Blush Cocktail
- 1 cup Cranberry Simple Syrup
- 1 cup Neutral Vodka
- 2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 ice cubes
- Orange slices for garnish
- 1-2 cranberries from the compote for garnish
- Make the Gingered Cranberry Compote Chutney according to directions.
- Strain out one cup of the syrup, set aside.
- Mix one cup of the syrup with one cup of neutral flavored vodka. Set aside.
- Place 2 ounces of the cranberry syrup and vodka mixture in a shaker, add 2 ounces of freshly squeezed orange juice, shake with 2 ice cubes, then pour into a martini glass and garnish with a thin slice of orange and a cranberry or two from the compote. Enjoy
Check them out here:
Here's where to find them in your area: Cape Cod Select Store Locator
and a few more links, just in case...