A Day in the Life on the Farm, and she is the instigator here.
Soup Saturday Swappers posts on the third Saturday of the month, and if you'd like to join in, go to the FB page and let her know.
Look, I ate it all gone.
Chile Verde Stoup
- 2 Cups Chile Verde
- 4 cups Pork or chicken stock
- 4 small red Potatoes, cut into bitesize chunks
- 1-2 Roma Tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1/2 - 1 cup Carrots, either grated or cut into coins
- 1/2 cup Sauteed Onions
- 1/2 cup Escabeche Jalapeno's and carrots (optional, but they do add a nice touch of heat)
- 1 stalk Cilantro for garnish
- Mix the Chile Verde and stock together, add the red potatoes and heat until the potatoes are almost cooked through, about 15 minutes. Then add the 1/2 cup Escabeche Jalapeno's, Carrots and Onions, continue to cook until the potatoes are cooked all the way through. Add the tomatoes the last five minutes of cooking time, you want them just cooked through as well. Serve with a tortilla or some home made bread. And a sprinkle of Cilantro on top.