This month's inspiration came from Caroline Williams at Caroline's Cooking .
I actually made some Shrimp Piccata a few years ago and had never shared the recipe. YIKES!
I decided that since I'd never shared how to make it here, it would be perfect for our Fish Friday Foodies event, especially if I paired it with some Roasted Garlic Fettucine. But then the fettucine didn't turn out, so I went back into the pantry and found these. Rice Noodles and went, hmmmm, I wonder how that will work.
Shrimp Piccata with Rice Noodles
- 2 lbs. Shrimp
- 1 package Rice Noodles (14oz), cooked and drained, set aside
- 1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/2 lemon sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/4 cup white wine (can substitute chicken stock here)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-2 tablespoons Gremolata
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- Cook Rice Noodles according to package directions, drain and set aside. Saute the shrimp briefly over medium high heat in 1 tablespoon EVOO, just til turning pink. Turn the heat down to medium. Add the lemon juice, the capers and the wine, cook for 1-2 minutes, then add the butter and the Gremolata. Next add the Rice Noodles, stir together and let them cook for another 2-3 minutes until the shrimp is cooked through, stirring very gently until the shrimp is cooked through. Sprinkle a little more Gremolata over top if desired. Serve.
This is the wine I used in the sauce. Is that not a cool looking bottle? The wine's pretty good too.
If you'd like to join Fish Friday Foodies, please email Wendy at email@example.com We post and share new seafood/fish recipes on the third Friday of the month.