These weren't ordinary eggs, they were gussied up with capers and lemon, and then I topped some of them with the Smoked Salmon.
They were so good.
And if you're looking for ideas on what to do with all those leftover hard cooked eggs, this would be a good recipe to have.
Deviled Eggs with Capers and Salmon
- 1 dozen hard cooked eggs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped capers
- juice from one lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill + more for garnishing
- 1/2 cup (or more) mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 oz. Smoked salmon, cut into strips
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika (for the eggs without the salmon
- Cut the eggs in half, remove the yolks and set the whites aside. Mash the yolks using either a ricer or the tines of a fork. Chop the capers, and juice the lemon. Add them to the mashed egg yolks and then add the mayonnaise. Mix together until you have the consistency you like. Add more mayonnaise if you wish.
- Pipe the mixture into the reserved egg whites using a pastry bag fitted with a star nozzle or place the egg yolk mixture into a ziplock bag and cut one corner out.
- Drape the filled eggs with a strip of smoked salmon, and a piece of fresh dill and serve. If you leave some bare of salmon, sprinkle with a little paprika.